Thursday, October 8, 2009

Windows XP?

i have a system with windows XP Professional in lab with Symantec antivirus software. I am updating regularlly with symantec anitivirus. i got a problem that when i click on my drives like C,D,E it is not direclty opening instead it asking for Openwith. How can i solve this problem.i think it is a virus problem. how can i remove virus completly from my computer.



Please any one can help me.



Windows XP?virus



How long has this been going on? have you tried a system restore to a date before the problem started? I would run a free scan with kaspersky first in order to verify whether you have an intrusion or not. They also have a free 30day trial. You will have to uninstall Symantec/Norton first before installing Kaspersky. But if Kaspersky can detect and repair what Symantec can't then it's no great loss is it? I have used many others but haven't found anything better.



http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner



http://usa.kaspersky.com/trials/home-use...



Windows XP?anti virus



Go to www.grisoft.com and download the free version of AVG. I think it is a much better anti-virus program than the one you are using. Uninstall Symantec as well. I think you will be much happier.
This is the result of autorun.inf virus. The virus is gone but, its remnants are causing the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment