Thursday, October 22, 2009

Problem with Vista!!!?

Vista has stopped loading for me. I know it is a virus from a friend's DVD, but I didn't think it would be so destructive, so I put it in anyway. So the virus got loaded onto the OS. (I had avast, and it did detect the virus, but it was unable to move it to chest or delete it) Now whats happening is that Vista boots till the login screen, and doesn't do much after entering the password. What do I do?



I have ubuntu gutsy loaded also, and I'm using that right now. I tried using antivirus software from Ubuntu, but failed. Clamav doesn't test the other NTFS drives, neither does AVG. However, Avast does scan the NTFS partitions, but crashes very randomly (all of a sudden without provocation of any sort).



HELLLPPPP!!!



PS - I forgot which virus it was.. :-(



Problem with Vista!!!?free antivirus



have you tried safe mode



the only other thing i can think of suggesting is repairing vista by booting from the vista installation disk



Problem with Vista!!!?internet



Ok first of all make sure that your virus checker is fully up to date new viruses come out every day .



Update it and run another check.



Find the virus name and type it in your browser check it out for ways to remove it.



Try running your recovery software for vista

No comments:

Post a Comment