Monday, October 19, 2009

What are all possible solutions to having trouble with another user not being able to view my webcam

I have never had any any problems with other users viewing my webcam, UNTIL now! Another user who lives on a college campus cannot view my webcam! She gets a Network error message. We have tried nearly EVERYTHING. I called Dell for support. They gave me a port number of 3422 to have opened up. I consulted Yahoo's help online. We both turned off our computer firewalls and opened up port numbers 80 (web default), 5050 and 5100 (Yahoo's assigned port numbers). She still cannot view my webcam! Again, I have never experienced this problem. Her college IT people were unable to offer additional help. This other user HAS VIEWED another person's webcam using Windows Live Messenger. I have had NO problems with users viewing my webcam using that program either. But, she can't view my webcam on that program either! If it was her college's antivirus software/firewall, she wouldn't have been able to view a webcam on Windows Live Messenger. Can I change anything with my webcam? Its USB.



What are all possible solutions to having trouble with another user not being able to view my webcam?free spyware



There are a number of reasons why you may be having problems viewing the webcam.



Yahoo has stopped some functions from older versions of messenger if one or both of you are not on the new 8.0 version webcam viewing could be turned off.

No comments:

Post a Comment