Saturday, June 19, 2010

My computer can't open programs, sometimes things display as a blank emptiness, can't open

My computer suddenly stopped working properly.



- It won't load videos, sometimes opening new tabs just results in a blank screen, etc.



- I can't open task manager, nor can I open new programs.



- I can't open new folders or copy and paste things onto my desktop.



- I can't download things becaue the download dialogue box doesn't seem to open.



- Once in awhile I get an error message saying tosOBEX can't open a new dialogue box.



I use Windows Vista and I have antivirus software installed. I can't open AdAware to scan my computer. I also downloaded sdfix even though I know it's only for 2000 and XP but I can't run it.



I looked around online and it seems like I might have that New Folder virus, but in any case I can't even download the tool that'l fix it. What's wrong with my computer? :\



My computer can't open programs, sometimes things display as a blank emptiness, can't open task manager...security



Definetly sounds like a virus. However, it is probably in the boot sector. Download "Avast Anti-Virus" its free and has a boot sector scanner, unlike many other virus programs. Avast has a free version you can download. Look in the program setup and select to scan at next boot up to perform this scan. Also disable "System Restore" before you scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment