Saturday, June 19, 2010

I have a corrupt file in system32 and check disc utility won't work.?

Also defrag and system restore won't work, Norton gets half-way through uninstall and quits, and my display settings keep going back to 8 Bit. Obviously I am without Antivirus software now and since yesterday I can't even get Norton Chat online again because it says I need at least IE5...I have IE7!! Is this some massive virus or am I missing something?



I have a corrupt file in system32 and check disc utility won't work.?vincent



If you suspect of a corrupt file system and checkDisk utility won;t work, then open Command prompt on your system.



- Open Run command and type cmd



In the command prompt type - sfc /scannow



The windows built-in System File Checker will open and check for damaged and missing files and restore it when asked for the OS cd.

No comments:

Post a Comment