Saturday, June 19, 2010

Firewall Question?

Ok, one question has plagued me for a few days now. I just baught a new laptop and antivirus software came with it.



My question--If a firewall is there to protect against bad things from getting through, why do you need anti virus, spyware, malware and the such?



Doesnt make sense to me. I asked the dood at Staples and all he could tell me is "So they can take your money." Is this right? Do I not need any of that stuff?



Firewall Question?virus protection



It is because a fire wall assumes that u r a wise person and what ever u r downloading and telling it that it is safe is really safe



but



it isn't



so its not the firewalls mistake its ur mistake



so now u got the infection inspite of ur firewall asking you



so



now u need sometool to correct your mistake



antispyware and antivirus



thats why



and most importantly my lady firewall dont detect viruses... it stops the intrusion attempts to connect to ur computer or prevents spyware already installed in ur pc to send info outside



fantasy



Firewall Question?agv



Your firewall is your first line of defence, your anti virus program fights virus which get passed your firewall your antispyware program fights spyware which get pass your firewall, your firewall also stops you from being hacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment