Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Spam E-Mail?

I've been receiving quite a bit of Spam e-mail in my yahoo inbox over the past six months to a year (I received 32 of them over the weekend). When I started receiving them, I was somewhat scared to open them, but then scanned some of them with antivirus software and when it said there was no virus threat, I opened some of them.



When I opened them, virtually ALL of them, regardless of the subject line, contain stock market quotes in some form or another. Many of them have subject lines that make no sense. Here's an example of one (It's from "Kathie King", and the subject is "The atheist between manganese"):



"Take a look at this ONE!!!



Campaign for: CDYV - Price: $0.089, 5 Day Target price: $0.425!!!



This sym is gaining momentum...



CDYV have released very hot news. Check this out, daryleddy and call to



your brocker right now..."



Notice the grammar and spelling errors? I was wondering if anyone is getting similar e-mails and/or knows how to stop this crap. Thanks.



Spam E-Mail?norton ghost



yeah, i think everyone with a free email gets these things



i don't know what they are for and i would not open them if i were you....



Spam E-Mail?software



Mine are starting to taper off now.

No comments:

Post a Comment