Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My PC has been infected with Spyware... anyone know of a free tool that will scan and remove?

I have found plenty of sites that will scan the computer but will not remove all of the viruses and/or spyware. AdAware helped a little and I have Symantec Antivirus software but when I do a full scan it is stopping in the middle of the scan and says it did not find anything. I know there is still something there because I am still having problems.



My PC has been infected with Spyware... anyone know of a free tool that will scan and remove?antispyware



Get yourself a couple of good spyware cleaners. I recommend Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy. Both are free. After you've downloaded and got the latest updates for both restart your computer in safe mode. Safe mode is important because you don鈥檛 want any of the spyware or viruses running while you鈥檙e doing the scans. If they are running, the scan programs can鈥檛 delete them. Do each spyware scan one at a time plus a virus scan while in safe mode. Hopefully that should slove the problem. See the links below.



http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007/30...



http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-De...



My PC has been infected with Spyware... anyone know of a free tool that will scan and remove?best antivirus software



Spybot search and destroy.



www.safer-networking.org

No comments:

Post a Comment